Nicole Hogarty Designs is a high-end residential design firm located in the heart of the South End of Boston with clients throughout New England and beyond. As we find ourselves growing in this demanding and ever-changing industry, we are seeking an experienced Office Manager. We look forward to finding the right individual to join our small and mighty team!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assists the design team in creating and maintaining concepts, design drawings, & schedules
• Prepares internal/external presentations
• Develops and maintains project budget and tracking sheets
• Ensures regular reviews at key design stages with Principal Designer and design team
• Communicates with vendors to develop quotes and ensures accuracy.
• Travels to the job site, design center, and retail stores if / as needed.
• Assists in maintaining and contributing to the materials and resource library
• Assists the team in sourcing finishes, fixtures, furnishings, fabrics, lighting, hardware & accessories
• Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
• Experience in a residential design firm / setting
• Knowledge of local and online showrooms, resources, and industry trends
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketchup, and InDesign
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and cloud-based file systems (Google Drive, Drop Box, etc.)
• Strong written and verbal communication abilities
• Feel comfortable and confident communicating with vendors/ subs / clients
• Detail-oriented and able to prioritize, multi-task and negotiate conflict in an ever-changing environment
• Has the ability to manage their workload independently on multiple projects simultaneously, while still working as a team with others
Demonstrated leadership skills
• Outstanding problem-solving
• Must have a valid MA driver’s license
• Competitive and based on experience
• Paid vacations as well as a paid week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
• Competitive benefits available– transportation and health care contributions
• Biannual performance-based bonus
As a full-service boutique design firm, Nicole Hogarty Designs regards each project as an artistic collaboration with the client. The groundwork begins with a relationship—one in which Nicole Hogarty grasps not only the architectural and aesthetic demands of a project, but how the client imagines living with ease in a home customized to be entirely in tune with their wellbeing.
Nicole serves as both Creative Director and business owner, making intuitive connections between function, beauty, and process. After a series of thoughtful conversations, the project flows into the planning phase. Bespoke materials are sourced, the space is laid out and curated with cabinetry, stonework, tailored furnishings, lighting design, and visual art. Each room has its own mood and function, yet the house tells one special story.
For customization and installation, Nicole draws upon an existing network of masterful tradespeople—the extended team. Every project truly takes a village and she and her accomplished studio manage the process both in the office and onsite by implementing creative solutions along the way.
Clients can choose to be as closely involved or removed as they like but can trust that even the largest project will be meticulously managed by Nicole along each step of the design journey.