Akseizer Design Group (ADG) is currently seeking a highly motivated, detailed oriented Procurement Specialist with experience in Interior Design FF&E Purchasing to join our team. A minimum of 3-5 years of Residential or Multi-Family Procurement experience is required.
The successful candidate will work with Developers, Designers, Project Managers, Vendors and Fabricators. The position will involve reviewing and understanding the assigned projects design intent and overall scope, and manage the assigned projects to ensure the published schedule will be met and within established budgets.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for accurate and timely procurement, follow-through and completion of assigned projects and managing jobs according to schedule and budget. The position shares responsibility with Senior Designers to ensure projects are successfully completed on time and in budget, and that the scope of work is completed to our standard of quality and professionalism.
• Manages procurement, expediting and installation process on all assigned projects per company standards, fully utilizing company's purchasing software, task management application and Excel templates.
• Holds responsibility for managing proposal/order process, including:
- Maintaining accurate project files and ensures all information in purchasing software program is up to date.
- Reviewing proposals for accounting accuracy prior to sending to client.
- Preparing purchase orders verifying all information on PO and in purchasing software is accurate prior to sending to vendor.
- Facilitating vendor payments and managing available funds with Bookkeeper.
• Follows up with vendors and design team to ensure items arrive on time.
• Inspects goods in a timely manner and documents damages.
• Coordinates shipping, deliveries and installations with design teams.
• Fosters an enthusiastic, creative, "can do" attitude and shares the responsibility for company and project success in reaching its goals.
• Maintains open, daily communication with staff and clients (when applicable).
• Holds responsibility for success of projects assigned, including:
- Project planning and preparation of detailed project schedule.
- Timely identification of problems and proposal of creative solutions.
- Initiates and runs regular project progress meetings and fosters teamwork among all involved parties.
• Assists Senior Designer/Principal in estimating project fees and furniture budgets and monitors actual costs and time billing against project estimates.
• Rigorously manages installation/completion schedules, overall project quality control and project close out procedures.
• Proactive, flexible, team player who is comfortable working in a small company environment taking on a leadership role
• Worked as a Project Manager/Expeditor for a minimum of 5 years in an Interior Design Firm
• BS/BA degree preferable in Interior Design or experience equivalent
• Driven and self-motivated, takes ownership of projects start to finish
• Highly organized, with excellent time management skills
• Able to communicate clearly, concisely and personably in both written and verbal forms of communication
• Able to interact effectively with design team, subcontractors and workrooms on multiple projects
• Team player who is able to take coaching and feedback constructively
• Forward looking, able to see the problem well in advance, having a solution in place before a crisis
• Able to think clearly and problem solve/execute under pressure
• Ability to read and interpret architectural plans, details and specifications. Ability to see in three dimensions from two-dimensional data
• Strong mathematic skills, grounded in algebra and simple math.
• Has a full range of computer literacy, and able to organize a variety of data
• Complete mastery in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel. Design Manager and/or Quickbooks proficiency is preferred.
Akseizer Design Group is a collective of luxury lifestylists whose creativity encompasses every facet of structure, space and brand. The dynamic team of interior designers, architects, and marketing experts has extensive experience and a diverse portfolio of multi-family, hospitality, condominiums, commercial and high-end residential properties from Washington, D.C. to Palm Beach to New England, and throughout North America.